Re: Searching for an editor...

[Sunday 19 October 2003 19:09] John Hasler:

> > To start with, it should be graphical, so vim, emacs and the like
> > are no option to me...
>
> What do you mean by graphical?  Emacs has menus, icons, cut&paste
> with the mouse, mouse control of the cursor, etc.  What is it that
> people mean by a "graphical" editor?

Well... Built with widgets? :-s

Somehow, I expected this reply. It's more of a look-n-feel thing. I
don't mind console apps, but for some purposes, I like the "graphical"
approach better. It's not (only) about being able to control things
using the mouse etc.

I understand the point about Emacs being as "graphical" as anything else
in a certain way, but I can't believe *you* don't understand what I
meant with "graphical". :-)

Greets,
Tom

--