Re: Searching for an editor...

Robert Storey <y2kbug@ms25.hinet.net> writes:

> To be more specific, Xemacs has more beautiful fonts and lets you
> change default font size.

I don't see why you can't change the default font size in
Emacs... you can change the default font, and with it the size.  Is
XEmacs using fontconfig these days?  If not, the fonts are coming
from the same place.  XEmacs does seem to default to displaying more
things in proportional fonts than Emacs does, though I'm not sure
that's a good thing.

> But Emacs is also good, and of course has the advantage of working
> on the command line as well as in X.

Well, so can XEmacs.

> There's no reason why you can't install both, since the commands are
> almost identical.

Well... that depends on how well you know either.  If someone is just
getting into XEmacs, they'll probably be able to switch back and
forth pretty easily, but I tried and the differences drove me crazy.

--
Alan Shutko <ats@acm.org> - I am the rocks.
1 days, 1 hours, 2 minutes, 50 seconds till closing!