Re: apache 1.3.28-4 on unstable

Sorry. I subscribed here at work and didn't read work email all weekend. I
did a little searching around the net after sending my email to the list
and thought it might be a problem w/ /etc/apache/modules.conf . I looked at
that file and an old httpd.conf and all seemed to be in order. However, I
ran /usr/sbin/modules-config apache again anyway. This command was in the
comments in the header of modules.conf. This isn't a production machine so
it wasn't urgent. This morning I restarted apache and all is good.

BTW, was someone suggesting that I should read the bug reports for every
package before going ahead with an ``apt-get -u dist-upgrade''. I suppose
if I were really cautious I would, but then I wouldn't be running unstable
would I ;-) Thanks for the help.
----
Charles H. Baker
Unix/Linux Systems Administrator
chbaker at ps dot rockwell dot com
work: 864.281.2409 fax: 864.281.2487 cell: 864.363.5302
If you do what you have always done, you will get what you have always
gotten. --Paul J. Meyer

                      Jeff Elkins
                      <jeffelkins@earth        To:       debian-user@lists.debian.org
                      link.net>                cc:
                                               Subject:  Re: apache 1.3.28-4 on unstable
                      10/25/2003 11:20
                      PM
                      Please respond to
                      jeffelkins

On Saturday 25 October 2003 10:05 pm, W. Paul Mills wrote:
>>>Well, it is a known bug in the apache package, you should have checked.
>>>The basic problem is that the modules are inserted into modules.conf in
>>>reverse order.

>For some reason I never saw this message from ??. Perhaps edited
>/etc/apache/modules.conf, but are running apache-perl and need to edit
>/etc/apache-perl/modules.conf? An easy mistake to make, as you can have
>both installed.

Fixed on my system. I re-created modules.conf by stripping out the
loadmodules
statements from an older httpd.conf > modules.conf

Jeff