Re: OT - Programming Languages w/o English Syntax

On Wed, 22 Oct 2003 10:08:42 -0500,
Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@cox.net> wrote in message
<[🔎] 1066835322.12532.173.camel@haggis>:

> On Wed, 2003-10-22 at 02:31, Arnt Karlsen wrote:
> > On Tue, 21 Oct 2003 15:39:04 -0700,
> > Vineet Kumar <vineet@doorstop.net> wrote in message
> > <[🔎] 20031021223904.GA19540@doorstop.net>:
> >
> > > * Tom (tb.31020.nospam@comcast.net) [031021 15:32]:
> >
> > > Narrator:  By 1964, experts say man will have established twelve
> > >            colonies on the moon, ideal for family vacations.
> > >            [a man fishes a comely moon maiden out of a crater.
> > >            She winks at the audience]
> > >            [a chart shows the difference]
> > >            Once there, you'll weigh only a small percentage of
> > >            what you weigh on Earth.
> > >            [cut to a shot of a chubby boy eating pie]
> > >            Slow down, tubby!  You're not on the moon yet!
> > >            [cut to a shot of the moon, with an American flag
> > >            superimposed on it.  The camera pulls back to reveal
> > >            some men in spacesuits]
> > >            The moon belongs to America, and anxiously awaits the
> > >            arrival of our astro-men.  Will you be among them?
> > >            [fini.  The film runs off the reel]
> >
> > ..by human international legal etc tradition, whoever populates it
> > first.
> > The Chinese?  ;-)
>
> Has the PRC ratified the Moon treaty?
> http://www.oosa.unvienna.org/SpaceLaw/moontxt.htm

..looks like it.  But reread Article 20. And, this treaty also ignores
potential native lunar and other extraterrestrial nations, so there
_might_ be yet another Boston Tea Party.  ;-)

  Scenarios always come in sets of three: