Re: OT - Programming Languages w/o English Syntax

On Wed, 2003-10-22 at 02:31, Arnt Karlsen wrote:
> On Tue, 21 Oct 2003 15:39:04 -0700,
> Vineet Kumar <vineet@doorstop.net> wrote in message
> <[🔎] 20031021223904.GA19540@doorstop.net>:
>
> > * Tom (tb.31020.nospam@comcast.net) [031021 15:32]:
> > > Have we figured out who owns the Moon yet?
>
> > Narrator:  By 1964, experts say man will have established twelve
> >            colonies on the moon, ideal for family vacations.
> >            [a man fishes a comely moon maiden out of a crater.  She
> >            winks at the audience]
> >            [a chart shows the difference]
> >            Once there, you'll weigh only a small percentage of what
> >            you weigh on Earth.
> >            [cut to a shot of a chubby boy eating pie]
> >            Slow down, tubby!  You're not on the moon yet!
> >            [cut to a shot of the moon, with an American flag
> >            superimposed on it.  The camera pulls back to reveal some
> >            men in spacesuits]
> >            The moon belongs to America, and anxiously awaits the
> >            arrival of our astro-men.  Will you be among them?
> >            [fini.  The film runs off the reel]
>
> ..by human international legal etc tradition, whoever populates it
> first.
> The Chinese?  ;-)

Has the PRC ratified the Moon treaty?
http://www.oosa.unvienna.org/SpaceLaw/moontxt.htm

Ron Johnson, Jr. ron.l.johnson@cox.net
Jefferson, LA USA

"As the night fall does not come at once, neither does
oppression. It is in such twilight that we must all be aware of
change in the air - however slight - lest we become unwitting
victims of the darkness."
Justice William O. Douglas