Re: disable boot logo from LILO (kernel boot command line)?

Daniel B. wrote:

That is not correct. On my home system, "vga = 10" gives me 60 lines of 132 characters, which is higher resolution than the default 24 x 80.

My bad.

which usually has the logo.  To get rid of the logo, you probably need to
recompile the kernel.

That really sucks if true.

Any idea why Debian would leave in (or patch in?) such a flashy-but-
useless feature given how badly it breaks other things? (You can no longer use vga= in lilo.conf to use a high-resolution text mode to see kernel boot messages. If you run less on the console, the top lines of the file aren't visible, apparently because less thinks
the screen is 24 lines high, but the first 4 lines don't work because
of the boot logo.)
That is very weird.  I have the logo on my machine (I even installed the
new booticons pacakge) and it disappears partway through the boot
process.

-Roberto