Re: Thanks Pigeon for Your mailfilterrc

On Mon, Oct 20, 2003 at 11:39:15AM -0500, Thomas H. George wrote:
> The dialog on spam has become so lenghty I am afraid you would never see
> my thank you note there.
>
> My copy of mailfilter (testing) did not like those line continuations so
> I had to convert to individual entries - no problem after you had done
> all the work. After the conversion your mailfilterrc worked like a charm
> and the deluge of 70 ms mail bombs a day is gone.
>
> Just wanted you to know how much I appreciated your posting.

Thanks, that's good to know!

Re line continuations - perhaps they got munged in transit somehow;
the long lines work with both the stable version of mailfilter and the
unstable source built under woody.

You may have to update the DENY rules occasionally, as every so often
a new variant of the From:, To: or Subject: appears to show up.

Glad it's working, anyway!

--
Pigeon

Be kind to pigeons