Re: disable boot logo from LILO (kernel boot command line)?

Daniel Barclay wrote:
Is it possible to disable the boot logo from LILO (e.g., via a kernel
boot parameter)?

With vga=ask in lilo.conf, when I boot and select a video mode, it seems
LILO changes the video mode but the kernel immediately changes the mode
back (to whatever supports the logo).

I want to boot using a higher resolution mode (to get more lines and wider
lines on the console) and without the logo taking up space and messing
up full-text-screen programs like less.

Thanks,
Daniel

vga=normal gets you 80x25, but I don't think that is what you want.

To get hi-res text console you need to have the framebuffer, which
usually has the logo.  To get rid of the logo, you probably need to
recompile the kernel.

-Roberto