Re: disable boot logo from LILO (kernel boot command line)?

Roberto Sanchez wrote:

Daniel B. wrote:
(You can no longer use vga= in lilo.conf to use a high-resolution text mode to see kernel boot messages. If you run less on the console, the top lines of the file aren't visible, apparently because less thinks
the screen is 24 lines high, but the first 4 lines don't work because
of the boot logo.)
That is very weird.  I have the logo on my machine (I even installed the
new booticons pacakge) and it disappears partway through the boot
process.

I do see something happening partway through the boot process:  The
colors change to really weird, unintentional colors.  Something is
changing the color map, as if that something is partially reinitializing
the video mode.

Daniel