Re: More on spam

On Friday 17 October 2003 4:13 am, klaus imgrund wrote:
>On Friday 17 October 2003 06:32, Jeff Elkins wrote:
>> >
>> >You are not being singled out.  Neither has this
>> >rendered the list useless.  Check the list archives
>> >for various solutions to the problem:
>>
>> While it hasn't made the list useless, it is indeed a major pain in the
>> ass that's fairly recent. I've been on this list about a year and haven't
>> had this bad a problem before.
>>
>> It's a nasty problem that shouldn't be minimized. Many users won't (or
>
>can't)
>
>> take "heroic" steps (spamassassin,mailfilter,etc) but will abandon the
>> list as a resource instead.
>
>Nothing heroic about installing spamassassin.If I can do it nobody else
> should have a problem with it.
>
>Klaus

I agree that it's not that difficult. Perhaps "heroic" was a bad choice of
words, but I'll still wager that a significant percentage of newbies won't
take the time to set up an aggressive anti-spam system, but will migrate away
from this (and other) listservs if this isn't somehow brought under control.

Jeff