Re: More on spam

On Fri, 17 Oct 2003 at 10:53 GMT, Jeff Elkins penned:

>>Nothing heroic about installing spamassassin.If I can do it nobody
>>else should have a problem with it.
>>
>>Klaus
>
> I agree that it's not that difficult. Perhaps "heroic" was a bad
> choice of words, but I'll still wager that a significant percentage of
> newbies won't take the time to set up an aggressive anti-spam system,
> but will migrate away from this (and other) listservs if this isn't
> somehow brought under control.
>
> Jeff

It's not heroic, but most newbies probably have enough on their plates
without dealing with learning SA, too.  Actually, that goes for most of
us.

For me, though, setting up and configuring procmail, tmda, and sa was
far preferable to shutting down my email address -- which seems like the
only other option once you've been harvested.

--
monique
Unless you need to share ultra-sensitive super-spy stuff with me, please