Re: Question about LaTeX...

Kieren Diment wrote:
In linux.debian.user, you wrote:

Sridhar M.A. wrote:

On Tue, Oct 14, 2003 at 03:54:21PM +0200, JG wrote:
> > > No. You don't need to run anything as root. These are user files. In
  > Debian you don't need to run texhash in this case. Example:
> Yes. I was thinking of the scenario where a style file is put in a place
which needs to be globally accessible. In such a case, I would put it
in a directory under the TeX tree and run texhash.

Then I guess that the best idea is simply to maintain
a tetex compatible TEXMF directory in `/usr/local'

Shouldn't this kind of facility be built into the debian package
automatically.  If not how do I request a feature?

as a matter of fact, you have just to configure your `/etc/texmf/texm.cnf'
configuration file.