Re: Promise Fasttrak 100 PDC20267 on Debian

  --received from Albert Dengg--
> if you want to use the promise scsi emulation drivers in debian you find
> instrutions/drivers here:
> http://people.debian.org/~blade/install/	(goto the preload floppy)
> But i never tried it (i gave up using the promise raid controller after
> the MB tied (it was an onboard controller), but I would recommend to
> stick to the opensource driver. One warning though: it is _not_ included
> in the 2.5/2.6 kernel....

Thanks again!  I followed the links from above to the Promise web site

grabbed the "Partial Linux Source Code", compiled it as instructed,
loaded the new module and can now see the mirrored RAID array as
/dev/sda just like on the Red Hat machine.  Thanks so much!  The new
"scsi" disk is now formatted and mounted under Debian!

Paul Yeatman       (858) 534-9896        pyeatman@ucsd.edu
	     ==Proudly brought to you by Mutt==