Re: Mozilla Mail & Microsoft Outlook

On Thu, 2003-10-16 at 16:51, Alan Chandler wrote:
> On Thursday 16 October 2003 22:19, Ron Johnson wrote:
> > >
> > > The prefered way is to set up an imap server on a linux box, and set
> > > outlook up to talk to it.  You can then copy all the contents of a pst
> > > file (including directories) onto the imap server.
> >
> > Note that configuring an IMAP server isn't trivial, and documentation
> > is sketchy, unless you want to spring for the O'Reilly book.
>
> When I did it, "apt-get install courier-imap" just about did all I needed. I
> certainly don't remember having to do any other playing about to get it to
> work. Obviously if you want to use it to receive mail into the Maildirs that
> it uses you have to do something with an MTA, but thats a different issue.

But isn't that what make IMAP really useful (for a "home LAN" user)?

I.e., getting fetchmail & SpamAssassin & exim|postfix to feed the
mail to IMAP, so that you can use Evo, WebMail, KMail, etc.

Ron Johnson, Jr. ron.l.johnson@cox.net
Jefferson, LA USA

"Oh, great altar of passive entertainment, bestow upon me thy
discordant images at such speed as to render linear thought
impossible"
Calvin, regarding TV