Re: Howto set up SB live 5.1?

Sorry, but I accidentally deleted your previous reply. As it wasn't on
list, I'm also taking the opportunity to put us back on-list with the
discussion.

If OSS is working but ALSA isn't, that's a problem. OSS should not be
working at all, except through the ALSA-provided OSS compatibility
support. If OSS is functioning independently, you need to unload the
kernel modules for OSS.

i.e. modprobe -r emu10k1

After that, you'll want to make sure that you have the appropriate ALSA
drivers loaded:

modprobe snd-emu10k1

If after this you still get a device not found error, you'll need to
check that you have ALSA set up correctly for whatever it is that you
happen to be using it for. As an example, in my ALSA plugin for XMMS, I
have the following:

Audio device: EMU10K1

Mixer card: 0

Mixer device PCM

If you don't want to use ALSA and would prefer to stick with OSS, you'll
need to wait for someone else to reply as I haven't used OSS in well
over a year now.
--
Alex Malinovich
pgp.net keyservers. Key ID: A6D24837