Re: OT: why I don't want CCs

On Fri, 18 Jul 2003 22:57:15 -0700
Paul Johnson <baloo@ursine.ca> wrote:
> So the real solution would be to find a way to switch smarthosts more
> easily.

    I dunno.  "Accounts / Edit / SMTP server" is pretty darn easy.

> > > Again, what's wrong with using your own MTA?  Nobody's provided
> > > reasonable evidence not to yet.

> >     Go read my message.  Plenty of it there in the right circumstances.

> Really now?  I saw some paranoid concerns, but that doesn't address
> issues with using your own MTA.

    Nice to see that my valid problems are chalked up as nothing but paranoia.

> Why waste the effort half-implimenting a MTA when you can use an
> existing one much more readily?

    Because a client should speak the protocols it needs to get the job done
and, news flash, in spite of how much you or others say it "use an existing
one much more readily" isn't going to make it possible for most people to do
just that.