Re: OT: why I don't want CCs

also sprach Steve Lamb <grey@dmiyu.org> [2003.07.17.2012 +0200]:
> > Mine does that just fine. I click on it with the left mouse button,
> > and mutt pops open
>
>     So you have multiple instances of mutt going all the time?  That seems
> wasteful to me.

No, just when I need them. Aside, the memory footprint of a single
mutt invocation is something of the order of 1.5 Mb, so I can have
many open if I wish.

> Well then, that 24Mb of RAM you were worried about doesn't matter
> on either of our systems, now does it?  So I ask again by what
> measure can you ascertain that you are faster than I am at
> a certain task when we both are using out preferred utilities to
> do so?

I whink you should come over here and we whip it out!

>         ?1? :Toggle_Single/Separate_Cpu_States  --  On/Off

COOOL!

> > And what you seem to forget: it's all about the choice.
>
> No, I haven't forgotten that.  In fact I am the one advocating
> choice. Look back through the thread and you'll see that I never
> say that the MDA/MTA/MUA chain is wrong for everyone.  I am only
> arguing against the fact that too many people think that it is
> right for everyone and that a mail client that talks SMTP is not
> wrong for anyone.

Well, I don't even know why I entered this thread -- must have been
drunk at the time -- or did I start it? Dammit, I think I did.
Nevertheless, I actually concur with you. <grin>

Let's end this email with a quote by the Wildest:

  i dislike arguments of any kind. they are always vulgar, and often
  convincing.

in fact,

  arguments are extremely vulgar, for everyone in good society holds
  exactly the same opinion.

There you go.

`. `'`