Re: OT: why I don't want CCs

On Thu, 17 Jul 2003 03:25:13 -0700
Paul Johnson <baloo@ursine.ca> wrote:
> They're not user readable.

    Hmmm, they're readable to the user who needs to read them.

> Procmail to filter each address off, mutt send-hooks to check the
> address it was sent to and reply with that address.  Talking five
> minutes with google.

    Which I explained, in detail, and how much of a pain in the arse it is
since I have to do that for every folder, every list even if I don't need to.

> Hit c? and you'll get an ls type list.  N will appear in the status
> column on the far left if there's new mail.  You need to have a
> Mailboxes statement for every mailbox you want checked.

    Compare that to the display I get now.  I'm typing this.  I can see that I
have another 20 new messges in debian-users, a new one came into debian-devel,
one is sitting in b5jms (which I am letting sit) I have 6 in Sylpheed-claws
and last night 1 message got into my spam box which doesn't show new mail at
all.  Contrast that to having to explicitly hit c? and only getting "N".

> So don't enable it on the ones that can wait.

    Then I never know new mail is there, do I?