Re: Please help, network card does not work after kernel upgrade (though it gets detected by kernel)

Thanks nate.
pump made it work.
Now I have two questions:
1-Do I have to put the pump command in rc.local to make it automatic
2-Those two flags for kernel are right, how can I set them up?

Thanks

nate wrote:
Hamid said:

Is there anyone who can help me with my netwotk problem.
I am on a DHCP network and after fisrt installation of Woody it was
working perfectly (it automatically set all the settings)
But after upgrading to new kernel 2.4.20, it does not work anymore. I
have compiled my network card into kernel and as you can see from the
output of dmesg, it gets detected by the kernel but I don't know why it
does not work, i.e. I do not have any connection to outside world. Help ,
Pleaaaaaaase .

you try running /sbin/pump -i eth0

manually ?

did you set the options needed in the kernel for DHCP ? I think its
CONFIG_FILTER and CONFIG_PACKET (though don't take my word for it
try searching google). though in my experience pump can operate
without these options.

nate