Re: KNOPPIX as an installer for Debian

On Sun, 2003-03-30 at 11:49, ronin2@bellatlantic.net wrote:
> On 30 Mar 2003 02:09:11 -0500
> "Mark L. Kahnt" <kahnt@hosehead.dyndns.org> wrote:
>
> > The band around the spindle says 700 MB (and even Memorex) but I've
> > produced two coasters based on the message hoarked out by cdrecord.
> >
> > I just don't seem to have much luck with trying to get a working
> > Knoppix CD ;)
>
> I produced a lot of coaster with Memorex CD-Rs. I threw them away and
> bought something else. No more coasters.
>
> Yesterday I was in a friend's computer shop when a customer came to pick
> up his computer; his reason for dropping it off was that he couldn't
> burn CDs. He was using Memorex CD-Rs. The shop tested his CD burner by
> burning a CD with another brand of medium -- worked fine.
>
> Your problem may not be the image, or your hardware, or your program.
>
> Kevin

Well, it wasn't only Memorex media that became coasters, but thx for the
heads up. (Looking over shoulder and seeing 48 blanks still on that 50
CD Memorex spindle, and muttering various phrases inappropriate for this
mailing list)
ML Kahnt New Markets Consulting
Tel: (613) 531-8684 / (613) 539-0935
Email: kahnt@hosehead.dyndns.org