Re: Re[2]: [despammed] Re: odd networking problem

El(On) Tue, 08 Oct 2002 15:21:06 -0400
Ed McMan <edmcman@despammed.com> escribió(wrote):

> >> Argh.  Now I'm just more confused.  OK, tethereal picks up the pings
> >> leaving the machine.  So, that means there must be some kind of queue
> >> or rate limiter blocking it as the router never receives it.  That, or
> >> the switch is evil and blocks frames coming from that machine while in
> >> Linux ;)  Now, what kind of rate limiter/queuer could be blocking it?
>
> Jeff> Ed,
>
> Jeff> Can you run tethereal on the router interface to see if the pings are
> Jeff> reaching it?  You should still see the packets even though the router
> Jeff> isn't responding to them or dropping them...whatever it's doing.
>
> The router is only receiving the first few.

Run "tcpdump -i INTERNAL_INTERFAZ src host MACHINE_IP and icmp" on the router

and look at the output when pinging from windows and from linux.

You can see any differences?
Any weird transmitted package?

  Marcelo Ramos                  |      \/       __    |
  Debian 3.0 GNU/Linux 2.4.19    |              |_/    /
  Linux registered user #118109  |                     \
  mramos@montevideo.com.uy       |_____|\/|_____|\______\