Re: [despammed] Re: odd networking problem

This one time, at band camp, Ed McMan said:
> There is no rate limiting that I am aware of.  I am using pmfirewall.
> All other hosts work fine (including this one when in Windows!).
>
> Now, this host can access the Lan without problem.  I can SSH and scp
> all I want without problem.  However, once I need to go out to the
> Internet stuff stops working.  Only a few packets will go through, and
> then the connection stalls.

OK, as an experiment, disable the firewall on the router.  Set all
chains to ACCEPT, and NAT (or MASQ) all forewards (DNAT and SNAT if need
be, I don't remember ipchains syntax too well at the moment) - the
important thing here is no DENY, DROP, or limit rules.  Does it work
now?  If so, it's diagnosed, although I'm not sure why only one machine
is affected.

Steve

--
BOFH excuse #438: