autologin?

How do I do autologin on debian (woody?).  You know, when you flip on
the power, go get a vegiburger, come back, and you are all logged in
and ready to go, xsession and all.  I use icewm. .wmrc says "default".

Back on mandrake there is a /etc/sysconfig/autologin.  Here on debian
I find a
pam.d (8)            - Pluggable Authentication Modules for Linux
man page which is exactly way over my head.
Wait a second, that is part of the Gnome stuff, and pstree shows
     |-kdm-+-XFree86
     |     `-kdm---sh-+-emacs-+-emacsserver
     |                |       `-ispell
     |                |-icewm
     |                |-mozilla-bin---mozilla-bin---3*[mozilla-bin]
     |                |-ssh-agent
     |                `-xcin
which must mean I use the K stuff.  Hmmm,  apropos kdm:
kdm (1)              - No manpage for this program, utility or function.
kdm.options (5)      - configuration options for X display manager
Well, as far ask I know, I fear both kde and gnome, and use icewm, but
anyway, how's one of you cut thru the mustard and tell me how to make
autologin a reality.
--
http://jidanni.org/ Taiwan(04)25854780