Re: PCMCIA network card with woody install

On Mon, 8 Jul 2002 23:56:18 -0400
Seneca <seneca-cunningham@rogers.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 08, 2002 at 07:12:43PM -0700, Shawn Dunn wrote:
> > Hey there all, I have an old Panasonic Toughbook here (P133, 16MB
> > RAM), and a linksys PCMCIA 10bT card, which is listed in
<snip>
ok, the card model is a Linksys NP10T, and I got it working by
configuring it manually (ie manually switching to another VT and using
ifconfig and route), so now Woody is installed and running (the base
system and XFree anyway), so I go to reboot it, and BOOM, on startup,
while configuring the PCMCIA bits, I get a kernel panic (just like I got
when letting the installer do the configuration itself).  I've been
through modules, /etc/pcmcia, /etc/init.d, and a bunch of other places
and can't find WHERE woody is picking up it's PCMCIA config or Network
config for the card, can somebody PLEASE just tell me where to comment
out, or delete the file that tells the kernel to config card services,
so I can do em manually until I figger out what's going on?

					--Shawn