Re: autologin?

<quote who="Dan Jacobson">
> How do I do autologin on debian (woody?).  You know, when you flip on the
> power, go get a vegiburger, come back, and you are all logged in and
> ready to go, xsession and all.  I use icewm. .wmrc says "default".
>
> Back on mandrake there is a /etc/sysconfig/autologin.  Here on debian I

i would reccomend kdm. i use kdm on my desktops even though my
actual desktop is afterstep 1.6

in KDE 2's kdm there is an 'autologin' function (you can find it
if you run 'kcontrol'. i have never tried it and don't know if it works..

you can probably do it through pam, but provided this kdm thing works
its probably easier that way.

i've used kdm for a long time since its easy to configure additional
window managers, has shutdown/reboot/console login/restart X server
options, and i can password protect the shutdown/reboot options if i want.

nate