Re: Line wrapping with mutt/emacs (was Re: Problems: mutt to Outlook (Express))

* Richard Cobbe (cobbe@airmail.net) [020516 18:05]:
> Lo, on Thursday, May 16, Cam Ellison did write:
> > set editor="emacs '+/^$' \"set textwidth=70\""

> I'm not entirely sure what the '+/^$' means---is this perhaps a Mutt
> thing?

No, it's a vim thing.

> The `set textwidth=70' is almost certainly incorrect.  In Emacs, the

Again, a vim thing. I'm guessing OP saw a muttrc saying "here's how to
make vim wrap your text at 70 columns and start you at the first blank
line (the line after the headers)." Then OP said "I like emacs, not vim"
and so changed vim to emacs in the muttrc, but left the rest of the vim
commandline intact.

good times,
Vineet
--
Currently seeking opportunities in the SF Bay Area
Please see http://www.doorstop.net/resume.shtml