Line wrapping with mutt/emacs (was Re: Problems: mutt to Outlook (Express))

* Gary Hennigan (glhenni@sandia.gov) wrote:
<snip>

> And, *please*, for the love of God and country, can you wrap your
> lines at 70 characters or so?!

I would love to, but every attempt seems to go nowhere.  Not everyone complains,
but I see the litle red markers coming back indicating that mutt is wrapping them
for me.

So, here's another problem.  I have this in .muttrc:

set editor="emacs '+/^$' \"set textwidth=70\""

(Let's not have a flamewar about emacs vs vi, please.)  The information I have to
date is that this should work.  It obviously doesn't.

What should I do differently?

Cam

--
Cam Ellison Ph.D. R.Psych.