Re: Not-So-Ancient History (was Re: Maybe a corny idea ...)

* Soul Computer (scwawcaac@earthlink.net) [020518 13:21]:
> On 17 May 2002 21:04:09 -0500 Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@cox.net> wrote:
>
> On Fri, 2002-05-17 at 20:05, Soul Computer wrote:
> > Maybe this is a bad idea, but I thought that
> > since Linux is the original multi-user,
> > multitasking operating system for the PC, it
>
> Fat chance.  MP/M (the multi-user variant of CP/M was
.
.
.
> Of course, we can't forget Minix, who's limitations spurred
> Linus to which would become greatness.
>
> I'm sure I've left something out...
> Thanks for the history.  I appreciate it ...
> Anyway, to date myself, I used a Honeywell DPS 6.

Scwawcaac:

Can you please set your mailer to insert a "> " in front of each line
you quote in replies? The last couple of messages were very confusing.
As you can see above, the problem is further complicated when the
message is quoted again, since Ron Johnson's original text above is at
the same level of indentation as your latest text. It looks like you're
repeating what other people have said rather than quoting it. If you
need help setting it up, let us know what mailer it is and hopefully
someone will be able to help you. Thanks.

good times,
Vineet
--
Currently seeking opportunities in the SF Bay Area
Please see http://www.doorstop.net/resume.shtml