Re: Problems: mutt to Outlook (Express)

I guess alittle more information is in order.  Some of this is repeated elsewhere in this thread.  I have a cable hookup, and am using exim (3.35) as my MTA.  Messages I send from mutt go to just about everyone, but there are at least three exceptions, all using an ISP other than my own.

Case 1:  Correspondent uses Outlook Express 5.00.2615.200 on a dialup connection to a telco.
Case 2:  Correspondent uses the same version on a dialup connection to an independent ISP.
Case 3:  Correspondent uses Outlook 2000 (9.0.2416) and has DSL (same telco as above).
Case 4:  Correspondent uses OE for the Mac (5.02.2022), receives the mail via a 24/7 link to a mail company.  This one always works.

The mail for the first three never arrives.  I do not know whether it is left on the server, or goes to /dev/null.  A number of possibilities suggest themselves, but the most likely to my mind is that Outlook thinks it is malformed and assigns a 5xx code, thus killing it.

Very strange, and it does nothing to endear me to M$.

Cam

* Joachim Fahnenmueller (JFahnenmueller@t-online.de) wrote:
> On Thu, May 16, 2002 at 07:15:48AM -0700, Cam Ellison wrote:
> > I use mutt as my MUA, and am happy as a clam with it, with one exception: anyone who runs Outlook or Outlook Express on a PC cannot receive mail from me.  This does not apply to Outlook Express running on a Mac.
>
> Hi Cam,
>
> I've never had problems with that, though many of my colleagues use Outlook, too. Can you be more specific:
> Do you communicate via intranet or internet (provider)?
> Which MTA do you use (exim)?
> What exactly is the problem: mail does not arrive, can't be read, ...?
> Any error messages?
>
> Reagrds, Joachim
>
> --
> Joachim Fahnenmüller