Re: How was the slink --> potato switch? How will be potato --> woody? When?

On Mon, Apr 29, 2002 at 11:20:08AM +0700, Rahmat M. Samik-Ibrahim wrote:
> > When you install from scratch you lose the configuration file changes on the
> > old installation.
>
> It is not a problem, since most of the configs are default anyway.

Maybe for you...

> > Set the debconf level to critical and you'll only get the most important
> > questions.
>
> May I know how/ what/ where to set?

Run
	dpkg-reconfigure debconf
as root.

> >> Thus, I would like to know, how **LONG** after woody release, will potato
> >> be kept at the mirrors, before it will be put to the archive server.
> >  Probably a few days/weeks, depending on when the archive maintainers have
> >  time to move it out.
>
> - Is it possible to keep it for at least two weeks?

Everything's possible... I don't know.

> - May I know how to archive potato? CMIIW, potato is partly in pool
>   directory.
> - May I know how to archive woody which is totally in pool?

Something will be arranged on archive.debian.org for those purposes, I
guess, I don't know if we have programs ready to do that right now.

Ask ftpmaster@debian.org.

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.