How was the slink --> potato switch? How will be potato --> woody? When?
I have just tested this following:
- get a packet copy using "dpkg --get-selections"
- put it to a new installed system using "dpkg --set-selections"
- after installing potato, I changed the sources.list dist to woody
- besides very slow, it was not straight forward since many
packages were deleted, but some replacements were not
installed (e.g. sawmill --> sawfish).
Fortunately, it was just a test system, and not a production one.
- may I know what happened during the slink-potato switch period?
- was there a sufficient grace period before slink was deleted
from the mirrors?
- may I know where to get information about potato to woody switch
plan? what will happen on "May 1st" ?
- what is better: to use "potato" or "stable" in the production
- is there a way to keep/ save all configuration files, and then
installing woody from scratch (which is faster)?
Rahmat M. Samik-Ibrahim -- vLSM.org -- http://rms46.vLSM.org --
-- 152.118? 167.205? Ha! ---------------------------------------
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to firstname.lastname@example.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact email@example.com