debconf configuring XF86Config-4 with two mice

Although I have a working XF86Config-4, I put it together without using
debconf so it does not have any DEBCONF SECTION. Anyway I decided to
give debconf a try at managing the file and ran dpkg-reconfigure
xserver-xfree86. The resulting XF86Config-4 includes a configuration
for two mice. The configuation works for the most part except for some
funkyness with the mouse wheel. For example, I use WindowMaker with
four workspaces. When I roll the mouse wheel to cycle through the
workspaces, it cycles 2-4-2-4 or 1-3-1-3 rather that 1-2-3-4-1.

XF86Config-4 from debconf includes:

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier      "Configured Mouse"
        Driver          "mouse"
        Option          "CorePointer"
        Option          "Device"                "/dev/gpmdata"
        Option          "Protocol"              "ImPS/2"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier      "Generic Mouse"
        Driver          "mouse"
        Option          "SendCoreEvents"        "true
        Option          "Device"                "/dev/input/mice"
        Option          "Protocol"              "ImPS/2"
EndSection

When I run dpkg-reconfigure, I am only asked question about the
"Configured Mouse" and I don't seem to have any way to change the
configuration of the "Generic Mouse" or to remove it entirely. After
going through the debconf documentation, it is still not clear to me
how to delete the generic mouse entry from the debconf database.
Any suggestions on how to do this?

--
Jerome