Re: The quest for rodent power

Carel Fellinger <cfelling@iae.nl> writes:

> On Tue, Mar 05, 2002 at 08:38:38AM -0800, Harry Putnam wrote:
>> The message that opened this thread contained that data:
>
> sorry, missed that one.  You see, I never got mutt to behave like
> tin with respect to automatically deleting old stuff and espescially
> hiding/unhiding read messages.  So I basicly delete all messages
> read or deemed uninteresting thinking I can get them from the
> archives at any time.  Unfortunately that anytime has a long initial
> delay:(

He He   I bet it does.  But this thread had gotten quite long so I've
reposted some of the pertinent data.  No one wants to back all the way
up and read all that.

> As an alternative route, did you try gpmconfig and its testing mode?
> Maybe you'll get better error messages there.

Not sure what you mean by testing mode.  I did try increasing the
verbosity level with -V+9 syntax but couldn't make heads or tails of
what showed up in syslog output.

The -D switch is mentioned as being helpfull for debugging but I get
no output at all with
/usr/sbin/gpm -D  just a hung session