Re: SIGPIPE thrown from an MDA or a stream socket error

On Tue, Jan 15, 2002 at 11:36:44PM -0500, Brenda J. Butler wrote:

| So, maybe there is a way to get fetchmail to download all the
| emails and just put them in a file (instead of handing them
| off to exim), on which you could run formail...

fetchmail must hand the message to an MDA.  So we'll create one that
does what you suggested :

#!/bin/sh
FILE=~/path_to_file
echo "From `date`" >> $FILE
cat >> $FILE
echo "" >> $FILE

With this you'll then have an mbox format folder containing the
messages.

-D

--

Many a man claims to have unfailing love,
but a faithful man who can find?