Re: LaTeX problem

On Wed, Jan 16, 2002 at 12:00:52AM -0500, Glen Snyder wrote:
| I'm using LaTeX from the Woody distro....there seems to be a bug (or I
| am doing something wrong). If I use \documentclass{article} and then use
| \pagestyle{empty} , it still insists on putting a page number on the
| bottom of the first page (although numbers are not on subsequent pages)
| when I generate a dvi.

I don't understand why this is, but I have recently found that if you
put

\thispagestyle{empty}

in the first page it won't have a page number.  Depending on the
contents of the page, it seems that it needs to appear shortly before
the end of it (ie a \clearpage command).

-D

--

"GUIs normally make it simple to accomplish simple actions and
impossible to accomplish complex actions."