Re: Printing problems

On Tue, Jan 15, 2002 at 07:38:04AM -0800, Jeff wrote:
> Adam Majer, 2002-Jan-14 16:54 -0600:

> I purged gs and gsfonts, and re-installed them.  Interestingly,
> gs included 2 more packages as depends that weren't installed
> before.  This appears to have solved the device issue.  Now it
> prints...
>
> Error: /invalidfont in findfont
> 		       Operand stack:
> 	                       --nostringval--
> 				       basefontdict
>
> So, I believe I have a font issue now.  If you have some ideas on
> this, I'd really appreciate them.  I'm pretty lost...still.

This appears to look like a misconfigured filter - I got a message
something like that on my DeskJet 500 a few months ago...

But if you got 2 more package depends that weren't there before, your
distro might be out of date... If you have fast net access, upgrade
Debian to a more recent version, if not, try reconfiguring the
magicfilter filter. Could you also post the reconfigured filter here?

- Adam