SIGPIPE thrown from an MDA or a stream socket error

While using fetchmail all goes OK until reaching message 91 and then

'reading message No 91'
SIGPIPE thrown from an MDA or a stream socket error
fetchmail: socket error while fetching from (my isp)
fetchmail: Query status=2 (SOCKET)

and then it fetchmail terminates.

Since each message up to 91 has been downloaded and deleted on the
host I do not understand how the same messages are downloaded on the
next attempt and the above process repeated as many times as i dial
in.

Is this me or the isp?

Regards

--