Re: Working with standards (was Re: Oops, forgot...)

* dman (dsh8290@rit.edu) spake thusly:
> Sorry to disappoint you Hall, but I have used windows since the first
> release of 95, and still have to use it regularly.  Up until about 2
> weeks ago I had to have NT, then 2k on my machine at work.
> Fortunately for me I now have Debian running on it.  The labs at
> school I spend almost all day in are win2k, but have X-Win32 on them
> and there is a RH machine to log in to remotely.  Also my dad's 2
> machines are win95 and win98 and my brother's machine is winme and I
> must deal with them in the LAN set up and when they ask for tech
> support.  Even with all of this MS experience (rather because of it) I
> strongly dislike MS products and like Linux (even other unices) much
> better.  You won't find me bashing Solaris, AIX, or IRIX, etc, because
> I haven't used/admined them enough to know whether they are good or
> bad.  I do know that I dislike some of the options (or lack thereof)
> of Sun tools when compared to GNU tools, but I don't bash products I
> am not familiar enough with.

<FX voice="Shwarzenegger" src="True Lies">They're all bad</FX>.
Repeat after me: all software sucks.

Dima
--
Surely there is a polite way to say FOAD.                        -- Shmuel Metz
"Go forth and multiply".                                         -- Paul Martin