Re: Working with standards (was Re: Oops, forgot...)

> > And he does have a point.  The anti-M$ sentiment has led to a
> > number of comments on this list that, were I thinking of
transitioning
> > to Linux, would deter me from doing so because
self-righteousness
> > is rarely very  friendly.
>
> I couldn't agree more. Despite not having used a Microsoft product
> in any seriousness in years, the whole rabidly anti-Microsoft
attitude
> really bugs me sometimes, and I shudder to think how it must look
> to people not involved in and used to this community sometimes.

I do laugh at it sometimes myself. In my case, I use Microsoft
products on a daily basis. At work, it's Win NT, Word, Excel,
Outlook, and Outlook Express. At home, I *normally* have my personal
machine in Debian but it's not at the moment. The elite hackers will
disseminate my mail headers to discover this:

My wife also runs Windows 98SE.

I personally like Linux. Cause it's better ?? Maybe, maybe not. I
think it's because it's just *different*. I've grown tired of
Windows... I'm in Windows right now because it's actually been a
while, at home at least. I also wanted to try the latest mozilla for
Win32...

Finally, what I'm really interested in is the adamant MS-bashers and
when they've last used Windows. If they're soooo against it, I
assume they either never have or it's been 5+ years.

Regards
Hall