Re: Oops, forgot...

> Uh...is there a reason why several posts to the list
(usually
> from specific individuals), come with attached text files.
> I'm not in the habit of opening ANY attachment, not even
> from friends I know well, and this is quite disconcerting.

This has been brought up before, but I don't recall what the
solution is/was... It definitely happens with people reading
mail with Outlook Express, possibly Outlook, and even a *nix
mail reader. Because of the problem primarily being with MS
software, you won't get much sympathy/help from this list !!
:-) Note: I'm using OE myself while reading my mail from work.

For what it's worth though, short of people who send encrypted
messages to the list, which I ignore, the ones you're likely
referring to are text attachments. These are *harmless*.
You've been over-educated... They are safe to open believe it
or not.

Hall