Re: Oops, forgot...

* Royce Bell (rpbell@earthlink.net) [011010 11:20]:
> Hall...
>
> I appreciate your comments, but hasten to reply that the only thing
> comparable to the arrogance of Microsoft is the reverse arrogance of their
> detractors.  I would have sworn that my questions to this list were in the
> interest of dealing with my own, personal frustrations over MS, as I look
> for a workable alternative.  If you don't want to sympathize with the person
> who is making that transition, fine, but don't gunk up the list with
> condescension.  I recognized the PGP signature, but simply did not
> understand why the text of a post was also coming as an attachment.  If you
> don't know either, just say so -- or don't say anything -- and leave it for
> someone who does know.

How dare you, sir!

just trying to help. I didn't pick up on any condescension when he told
you you won't find much sympathy here for asking about broken m$
mailers. He's just telling it like it is. The fact is that this is a
Debian users' list, and OE's brokenness is OT, so you won't get much
help.

Unfortunately, as is usually the case with interoperability problems,
there's no clear place to go first: mutt doesn't want to change because
it's using the open standard correctly and m$ doesn't want to change
because it's using the open standard incorrectly. Can anybody on this
list tell you why? Not really; here you'll only find guesses and
opinions on the matter, and they'll all have the same slant. There's one
easy way to avoid the cacophony: don't ask about m$ mailers on a debian
users' list.

This is getting even further OT, so it's the last I'll say on the
matter. If you want the last word, feel free.

good times,

--
Vineet                                   http://www.anti-dmca.org
Unauthorized use of this .sig may constitute violation of US law.