Re: Working with standards (was Re: Oops, forgot...)

On Wed, Oct 10, 2001 at 09:59:14PM -0400, Hall Stevenson wrote:
| Finally, what I'm really interested in is the adamant MS-bashers and
| when they've last used Windows. If they're soooo against it, I
| assume they either never have or it's been 5+ years.

Sorry to disappoint you Hall, but I have used windows since the first
release of 95, and still have to use it regularly.  Up until about 2
weeks ago I had to have NT, then 2k on my machine at work.
Fortunately for me I now have Debian running on it.  The labs at
school I spend almost all day in are win2k, but have X-Win32 on them
and there is a RH machine to log in to remotely.  Also my dad's 2
machines are win95 and win98 and my brother's machine is winme and I
must deal with them in the LAN set up and when they ask for tech
support.  Even with all of this MS experience (rather because of it) I
strongly dislike MS products and like Linux (even other unices) much
better.  You won't find me bashing Solaris, AIX, or IRIX, etc, because
I haven't used/admined them enough to know whether they are good or
bad.  I do know that I dislike some of the options (or lack thereof)
of Sun tools when compared to GNU tools, but I don't bash products I
am not familiar enough with.

-D