Re: Where to get RealPlayer for potato machine?

> >try realplayer package
> >best regards,
> >pawel
> >

> The realplayer package says it's an installer only,
> and that I have to download the binary first. It also
> says that it requires Version 7, when I believe the
> current version is 8.

As for being an installer only, that's correct. Realplayer is
a commercial package and its license most likely doesn't allow
redistribution. Only RealNetworks is allowed to.

As for the version difference, 1) There's likely little
difference between 7 and 8 (considering they come out with a
new major version every few months...), 2) You're running a
older distro, I believe, so it won't always stay absolutely
current, and 3) I've seen mention of editing one of the
'preinst' files in the realplayer-installer package to
reference [whatever the current version] is today.

Regards
Hall