Re: Installing / applying Mozilla themes?

on Tue, Jan 23, 2001 at 06:19:32AM -0600, Nate Bargmann (n0nb@networksplus.net) wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 22, 2001 at 05:57:23PM -0800, kmself@ix.netcom.com wrote:
> >
> > Um.  How are you installing the themes?
>
> I was at Themes.org and selected the Gold theme download and Moz picked
> it up, downloaded it and installed it.  Later I moved the skins
> directory under package/chrome to another place as well as the
> all-skins.rdf file.  Then I simply symlink the skins directory back into
> package/chrome and copy all-skins.rdf to package/chrome after installing
> a new tarball.  Seems to work for me.  All this is installed under my
> normal user home directory.

What user are you running Mozilla as?  root?  If not, did you change
permissions on /usr/lib/mozilla/chrome?

In my case, I did the following:

  - I added a group 'mozchrome' to the system.
  - I did a recursive modification to groups and privs to /usr/lib/mozilla
    changing the group to 'mozchrome' and adding group write privs.
  - I added my standard userid to the 'mozchrome' group.

This apparently allows me to add new chromes under Mozilla.  It is
bassfuckingackwards as hell.

> > I've tried the Mozilla theme manager dialog, no dice.
>
> Perhaps it's broken in later nightlies?

Not nightly.  Potato:  M18-3