Re: Installing / applying Mozilla themes?

On Mon, Jan 22, 2001 at 04:58:10PM -0800, kmself@ix.netcom.com wrote:
> Debian/Potato, x86, Mozilla M18.
>
> I'm trying to apply one or more Mozilla themes, they don't install as a
> regular user.  I've found a couple of references that indicate Mozilla
> is broken in assuming that themes need to be installed globally (system
> level) rather in user space.  But I can't find mention of how to do
> this.
>
>   1. How do you install a theme systemwide?  I've downloaded the Alfred
>      theme zipfile, but can't figure out what to do with it.
>
>   2. Is there a way to install themes locally (user-only)?

Probably not what you're looking for, Karsten.  What I do is get the
nightly tarball (FYI the latest I have now is 0.7 as I like the SSL
support in it) and unpack it into ~/package.  I've installed a couple of
themes and it placed them in ~/package/<whatever> just fine.  It also
installs Java, but then can't find it later.  :(

To start Moz from my window manager, IceWM, I have a short script in
~/bin to cd to ~/package and run the mozilla script.

- Nate >>

--
 Wireless | Amateur Radio Station N0NB          | "None can love freedom
 Internet | n0nb@networksplus.net               | heartily, but good