Alternative to dselect?

Hello...

  I've been following the thread on dselect, and... I'm pretty much
  new to Debian, so I don't feel yet comfortable suggesting...

  Anyway - for those who find dselect to be non-intuitive: did you try
  console-apt? I don't know if there are any problems with it, but...

  - It has a nice help screen (that I found to be much more helpful
  - thatn dselect's - although that's just an opinion);
  - If you hit <tab> on a package, you see all its dependencies;
  - It lets you go back to the previous state with a keystroke;
  - You may choose the order in which packages are shown;
  - Package status is shown using colors;
  - It shows progress in a very nice way, and lets you play a
    ascii-based tetris-like game while you wait.

Well... that's it.
I just installed it, and found it to be really nice.

J.

--
Jeronimo Pellegrini
Institute of Computing - Unicamp - Brazil