Diskussion einer neuen e-Mail Kultur
Gestattet mir, dass ich mich als Neuling auf dieser Liste
mit einem Vorschlag zur Reduktion des e-Mail Aufkommens an Euch wende.
In e-Mail Listen für andere Betriebssysteme gibt es die Kultur, dass
- Anfragen an die Liste gestellte werden,
- die Antworter, ihre Antworten und Bemerkungen direkt an den Absender
- der Fragende zum Schluss die Lösung des Problems als Summary wieder an
die Liste zurückgibt.
Zur Erläuterung hänge ich eine entsprechende Administrativa
der Liste über tru64 in Auszügen an.
Was haltet Ihr davon?
Tru64-UNIX-Managers Information and Rules
This message is a summary of the Tru64-UNIX-managers charter and rules.
Failure to adhere to these guidelines may result in severe chastisement by
the list maintainer and other list participants. Retain a copy of this
statement and refer to it before submitting messages to the list or the list
Last modified: 2002-10-09
1. Send only HP Tru64 UNIX system management questions and |
summaries to email@example.com.
Include your return address in
the body of your message so people can reply directly to you.
Avoid MIME and HTML--many people can't read them.
2. This list is not moderated! Every message that is sent to the
be passed on to every member of the list
(with a few small exceptions).
4. This list is intended to be a quick-turnaround troubleshooting aid for
those who administer and manage Alpha AXP systems running Tru64
Its primary purpose is to provide the Tru64 UNIX manager with a quick
source of information for time-critical system management problems.
5. This list is not available as a digest. If you don't want a bunch of
list messages cluttering your mailbox, use procmail, deliver, or some
other filtering mechanism to file list messages in a separate folder.
You can also unsubscribe from the list and read it via the web
6. Answers to questions are to be mailed back to the questioner and are
not to be sent to the entire list. Before responding, please make sure
the questioner hasn't already posted a summary. People often respond
very quickly to messages posted to the list and it's not unusual for a
summary to be posted within an hour of the original question. This is
especially important if you only read list messages periodically.
7. The person who originally asked the question has the responsibility of
summarizing the answers and sending the entire summary back to the
list. Consider this the price you pay for the advice you receive. When
a summary is sent back to the list, it should contain the word
"SUMMARY" as the first word of the "Subject" line. The summary should
include a brief description of the original question and a short
synopsis of each of the unique responses. Don't just list the
respondents or say the problem is fixed, and don't just include a copy
of all of the responses.
8. Discussions on any topic are very strongly discouraged and will not
normally be tolerated.
9. Unsolicited Commercial E-mail (UCE), also known as "SPAM", is, of
course, not allowed. If you receive an inappropriate message via the
list, feel free to complain to the originator or the originator's
service provider. Do not post complaints to the list.
10. If it is not technical and specifically related to Tru64 UNIX
management, then it does not belong on this list. Requests for vendor
recommendations are tolerated, provided that the hardware in question
is something that system managers normally purchase.
11. Requests for software (free or otherwise) should be limited to
that is directly related to Tru64 UNIX management.
12. Tru64 UNIX-related job offers must be submitted for posting to the
owner at firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes should be
to the relevant *.resumes newsgroups.
13. Please...Think before you send a message! Ask yourself "Is this really
appropriate?" There are enough other newsgroups and mailing lists
around to cover the marginal topics. Perhaps there is another forum
that is more appropriate.
Oak Ridge National Laboratory