Re: Status of the package cm-super?

Hi,

Szabo Peter <pts@inf.bme.hu> wrote:

> directory. Please remember that the lmodern package also doesn't have tetex-
> prepended to its name, although it is almost exclusively used with LaTeX.

<putting my hat of lmodern's Debian maintainer>

Well, I don't claim to know how it is used, but:
  - you can use it with X apps, or apps that use fontconfig, or apps
    that use defoma (e.g., gs);
  - I have a bug report (#290001) from someone who wants to use the
    fonts with lout and therefore would like lmodern not to depend on
    the tetex packages. I think it is best done with teTeX 3 (because of
    the new update-updmap mechanism), and plan to work on it. Probably
    when teTeX 3 enters unstable. Since cm-super may follow the same
    route, I'd say it is another reason to drop the "tetex" part from
    the package name.

--
Florent