Re: Status of the package cm-super?

Hi, all.

On Aug 01 2005, Hilmar Preusse wrote:
> Finally pts-tetex-cm-super has made it into unstable, initially
> packaged by Peter Szabo.

That's really a nice addition to debian, IMVHO. I know that I will use
it a lot.

BTW, I have some questions:

1 - I see that the package is compiled for each architecture. Is this
    really necessary? I thought that fonts would be cross platform.

2 - pts-tetex-cm-super is *quite* smaller than the package that Claire
    once made (which had 60MB). Does it leave anything out that the
    other package had?

> I'll check that package for bugs and compatibility to teTeX 2.0.2
> and hopefully can report back shortly.

I'm slightly busy right now, but I will report back how it works with
teTeX 3 (from experimental). I wouldn't want to go back, really. The
extra packages are quite nice.

Thanks for your comments and feedback, Rogério.

Homepage on freshmeat:  http://freshmeat.net/projects/algorithms/