Re: Status of the package cm-super?

Rogério Brito <rbrito@ime.usp.br> wrote:

> Hi, all.
>
> On Aug 01 2005, Hilmar Preusse wrote:
>> Finally pts-tetex-cm-super has made it into unstable, initially
>> packaged by Peter Szabo.
>
> That's really a nice addition to debian, IMVHO. I know that I will use
> it a lot.
>
> BTW, I have some questions:
>
> 1 - I see that the package is compiled for each architecture. Is this
>     really necessary? I thought that fonts would be cross platform.

There are some binaries included.  Still, it would safe considerable
amounts of archive and mirror size if the binaries would be split off to
a separate package, making the major part Architecture: all.

> 2 - pts-tetex-cm-super is *quite* smaller than the package that Claire
>     once made (which had 60MB). Does it leave anything out that the
>     other package had?

Yes, that's in the README file or somewhere else in the sources - it is
restored in postinst, however.

I have one more question, however:

What does the name mean? Why "pts", and why "tetex"?